Wednesday, May 18, 2016

1,300 Miles

We're MOVING!!!!


Its a bag of mixed emotions. I am excited to move and excited to explore, do and see new things but I am also saddened by it since I have lived in Texas my whole life (except those 6 weeks I study abroad in Norway...but some people consider that a long vacation). And we're leaving our dream home (that Facebook reminded me was under construction 3 years ago). Our current house is perfect for us; it has high ceilings, 6" base boards and so many upgrades! And we finally found our taste in design and decorated this home to reflect it. Its also the house we brought our daughter home to and house we said our goodbyes to Lola in.

My husband got an offer that was too good to pass up for his career path. I am still looking for employment in our new location but I am hopeful. And if I don't find something right away I am looking forward to taking care of Alana and working on my Nerium business.

We are leaving Texas and moving to 1,300 miles north to Wisconsin! This will be the biggest move for us to date. I have bounced around all over Texas after graduating high school but never moved out of state.

Right now we are focused on selling our house, our house needs to sell for any other plans to be made and things to fall into place. If the house doesn't sell then Matt and I will live 1,300 miles apart until it does. We think that if it doesn't sell by Nov/Dec then we'll need to reevaluate things (either take a loss on the house or put it up for rent... hopefully we don't even need to go there). If the house DOES sell (fingers crossed) then we can get into a house up in Wisconsin, get all belongings moving in and start to get our life back in order.

And to make our new house even happier we'll be getting another bulldog at the end of the year! It will be a Christmas present for our sweet Alana :) and for me :D

So...if you know someone looking for a house in the North Houston area let me know!


1 comment :

  1. How exciting!! But cold...man, it'll be quite the climate change. Fingers crossed the home sale goes smoothly for you. We ended up having to rent our old house, but it's been decent so far! Can't wait to hear about a new bulldog too!! I am sure you will find a reputable breeder!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top