Wednesday, January 13, 2016

HOLY Crap!

As my title states this weekend was pretty chaotic (and a reason why there was no post on Monday). Friday night was great, I went to a neighborhood ladies bunco night and then Saturday morning I went for a jog with one of the ladies. When I came back from my jog my husband said he wasn't feeling well and went back to bed...for the rest of the day!

My original plans for Saturday involved me using some gift cards and shopping at the mall but that did not happen. Y'all, I seriously don't know how single parents do it. Especially when the babies are young and can be very needy. Since I didn't want to stay cooped up in the house all day Alana and I went to Target, her first shopping trip with JUST mommy. It worked out pretty well, I wore her and had my cross body purse and her diaper bag. Here is the truth - we never really take Alana anywhere with us, we just find it easier not to. She just comes with so much baggage. And having to feed her on an outing usually doesn't work since she is so distracted by everything. I think I can count how many times we have taken her out somewhere with us, its definitely less than 10 times (not including doctor visits and photography shoots).

On Sunday my husband was feeling a little better and was able to watch Alana while I went shopping for clothes and groceries. But then Sunday night Alana wasn't feeling well, throwing up her bottle and food and then not wanting to sleep unless she was being held. Since my husband's stomach was still iffy I slept with her on the recliner. I never get good sleep if I am sleeping with her. I always worry about her falling off or burying her face into me or some blankets. So I'm only like half asleep and then waking up every 30 mins or so to see how she is doing. My fitbit said I only got 5 hours of sleep but I only got a sold 1 hour from 5-6am when my husband woke up to feed her while I got some shut eye.

So HOLY crap I was tired Monday! I also think I did like 5 loads of laundry because she kept spitting up on everything... life as a mom... its crazy but one look at her and you know its all worth it.

{Left: Target visit, Right: Cooking with Alana (our new TV show)}
Happy Hump Day!!


1 comment :

  1. She is so cute! And looks so happy in that carrier! I swear I do more loads of laundry for our dogs than myself...I will HAPPILY wear things too many times just so I can avoid folding laundry.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top