Friday, January 29, 2016

Exercise & Mom Guilt

So there is this thing every new mom gets called Mom Guilt. Its where you feel a little guilty for doing the things you like/love by sacrificing time with you little one.


I deal with mom guilt on weekly bases. Mainly when I come home from work and want/need to get something done before I pick her up. Resulting in her being in daycare for another hour. What I want to do is usually just go for a jog before it gets dark but sometimes its even just replying to emails uninterrupted. I feel bad about leaving her in daycare longer but I also need to run to feel good about myself. I know it sounds a little selfish but I worked really hard to get the body I had before I got pregnant and I really want that body back!

I ran with her in the jogging stroller for the first time over the weekend and it went well, although she did not love it - she mean-mugged me the WHOLE time. I think it was because we were on the sidewalk and its pretty bumpy in the stroller. So next time we'll try the road. And pushing the stroller added almost 2 minutes to my mile! But it just adds to the workout I suppose.

Although feeling guilty may be a side effect of alone time or quality time with your spouse its SUPER important for you to be the best you at all times and to be the best me I need to work out. And I think my daughter seeing me be active from a young age is really important and hopefully she will grow up loving fitness like I do. I cant wait to get her in swim classes!

hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top