Monday, October 12, 2015

Baby Products We Didn't Use

There are going to be a few products that you'll buy or get as a gift that you just won't use. Or you'll use once and it's not what you thought and you'll move on. Here are some of the items I didn't use:

Booby Ice Packs - Lansinoh makes these ice packs for your boobs for after breastfeeding. I never used them. I never really fed Alana from my breasts, I just pumped so maybe that is why but my boobs never hurt enough for me to pull these suckers out. I now use them in Alana's bottle cooler bag for daycare.



Angel Care Monitor - I really liked this monitor as it will go off if there is no movement in your baby's crib (movement = breathing). These monitors have a sensor pad that you put under the mattress and if there is no movement after 20 seconds then there is a loud beeping. It all sounds good except when you have an infant (and your SIDS fears are at an all time high) your baby is getting up every few hours. So you will walk in there half asleep, pick up your baby, make it halfway to the kitchen and then BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. SHIT!!! You're running back into the baby room because your sleepy self forgot to turn the monitor off. Or at least that's what happened to me. I think I might use this more when she can roll over from back to front but until then it just sits there.

10/14/2015 Update: We are starting to call this thing a false alarm monitor. When we first used it when she started sleeping through the night the battery on the monitor for the parent had started to go out...has the SAME beep as the actual sensor. Then the other night Alana has curled up in the corner of the crib and the monitor could not detect her. So it went off. I ran to her room as fast as The Flash and she was fine...and I'm pretty sure I broke my toe on something while I was running through the house...

Sleepers - You can buy these at Carter's or any other place that sells baby clothes but I found a product that I like better - Kickee Pants! I like Kickee Pants better because the material is SUPER soft, they have both feet and hands covered. And the feet are actually lined so they stay warm! Sleepers seem to come in all different shapes and sizes and it might be hard to find a brand that fits your baby perfectly.

What products did you not like or use?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top