Friday, July 31, 2015

Patriotic Cupcakes

I know July is over but I wanted to get my Patriotic Cupcakes posted. Now, I normally don't use box cake/cupcake mixes but I got a Sprinkles Red Velvet cupcake mix as a gift so I thought I would use it before it sat on the shelf for too much longer.

When I was baking them I forgot to add the teaspoon of vinegar, I realized this when I was finished spooning the mix into the cupcake tin...oops! So I thought that maybe adding some chocolate chips into the mix might make up for the mistake :P Not sure why I thought this since logically it doesn't make any sense. But I did it anyway! The I made their Cream Cheese Frosting (which in all honestly you could cut in half because I had a ton left over). The recipe went something like this:


Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup salted butter, firm but not cold
6 oz of cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Using your electric mixer, whip together the butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in vanilla and then add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Pretty easy.

{the leftover icing}
Since it was the 4th of July I added some blue sprinkles to be festive!

Hope y'all have an amazing weekend and great start to August!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top